Saturday, March 19, 2011

Tender is the Night - Lelan Gimnick





















What Darkness Reveals

O Day! My judge, my examiner, you shrieking Harpy; go now to the opposite side of this blighted orb! Tarry you there and scrutinize with impish delight the malformations and fumblings of the wretched souls farthest from me. Long enough for this time have you bowed my head and beaded my brow under the weight of your ridicule. Your light gives life and comfort to those who care not about any matter save what they believe to see. No thought given to things which must be felt, heard, or inspired to have import- only the fleeting, bleating solace wrought from stark impressions of scathingly illuminated veneer. Mutely your denizens clamor, "Trouble me not with truth which is to be gleened from sweaty toil such as reasoning and deduction. Burn on, oh bright Day so that we may see all and think no more!"

Hasten to me now, Mistress Night! My confidant, my muse, you beautiful respite; come now and find me where I wait. Sojourn with me and ruminate awhile. Ponder the blessed calm; still, though teeming with Life. Bestow your forgiving cloaks of shadow upon stooped shoulder and weary soul. Whisper to me imaginings of peace and justice upon the vagrant wind. Shroud this rotting landscape and grant your sister, Earth, a few hours' reprieve from shame. Hide from me the lies of shallow perception and those who worship them. Delight with me as they scurry from your approach for fear of facing that from which daylight protects them. Fervently and reverently I whisper, "Pass to me your quiet ways and still truths; the way to discern absolute truth by peering beyond the image seen. Rest here, sweet Night and teach me of what darkness reveals."

Lelan Gimnick
Impossible Fantasy Studio Fine Art

4 comments:

Vikki North on March 19, 2011 at 8:58 PM said...

OMG! Lelan this is wonderful. I'm so impressed with your talents and depth of talent. This is so profound. Night is a respite, an escape from all the day woes. This is really wonderful.

Rusty on March 20, 2011 at 9:38 AM said...

You are quite the disciple of your personified "Mistress Night".

RiikaInfinityy on March 20, 2011 at 11:02 AM said...

Never fear the darkness I guess, it is a way of another :D

Sarah on March 20, 2011 at 8:49 PM said...

Lelan, this really is so profound. I wonder, would we be better off if we all saw through the "veneer" of Day? This made me think of the movie The Matrix and if given a choice to 'know', to live in the 'truth', what would most choose? Your Night description is beautiful. Well, I have been a bit suspicious of bright sunny days that seem somehow too 'picture perfect'...

All images and verse on this blog are Copyright 2010. Unauthorized use or duplication -in any form-is absolutely restricted by Law.

The Inferno is a blog for Mature Audience. Some images or stories may not be suitable for children or those sensitive to adult subject matter. VIEWERS VISIT THE INFERNO AT THEIR OWN DESCRETION.
 

The Inferno A Writers Challenge. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com