Friday, September 25, 2009

Cupids Requiem By Vikki North

I beg your pardon, Sir. Would you like to hear the simple story of Cupid’s Requiem? It’s a short tale of a pirate, a wench, the fishes and me. Oh- I would be happy to tell you, dear Sir. Mind you, I have nothing better to do. It is a ponderous tale of unrequited love and Cupid’s unyielding arrow....

My name is William Frederic Carlton, IV. I’m the son and heir to Lord Carlton from Remington at Wilshire, in the service of his majesty George III, sovereign King of England. It happened in the year 1789, the 14th day of February. I was 20 years old and as arrogant and fresh as a youth can be.

My lads and I found the Pub in lower wharf district. They said it was a place of artists, thieves and scoundrels. The smell of rum and whiskey permeated our senses. Absinthe was in ample supply. Dark men and beautiful lassies lined the walls with laughter and song.

She was a bowery girl, like none I had ever seen. Her hair was as red as fire and her eyes emerald green. She was full of life and danced upon the tables with the other wenches until my loins did rage with intoxication.

Please understand, Sir, -I just had to have her.

Cupid’s arrow penetrated my heart from the moment my nostrils inhaled her. She was a simple maiden and I knew she entertained all sorts, - but when she looked in my eyes- it disrupted my very soul.

They warned me she belonged to another; a one eyed Pirate, the proprietor of Dante’s Pub. They said he had lost his eye and lower lip wrestling an alligator. Preposterous, I thought! I am William Frederic Carlton and a lowly pirate is no match for me. I want the wench and I will have her- if only for this eve.

She bent over my table with bosoms full and asked me, “Kind sir, what is your pleasure?’

I replied, “You, my Wench. You are my pleasure.”

She laughed and put her apron over my head. I grabbed for what I wanted! She erupted in a scream! With claws like a cat she penetrated my flesh! Her smile turned to frown as she stepped back from me.

The whole room fell silent as he rose like an ominous black shadow turning to look at me! I must admit, Sir, I gasped when I saw him! Nary a scary man than this pirate be!

Memory falls short, but I do recall, the pirate declared in gentlemen’s calm, “Dear Sir, may I have a word with thee?”

So the drama’s done and we come to the end of a pirate, a wench, the fishes and me. You see, it was unrequited love that brought me such misery. Beware fine Sir, of Cupid’s Requiem: It laid me to rest at the bottom of the sea.

Vikki North, 2009 

The Red Chair Gallery

This painting was submitted to The Artists Challenge Gallery 5 Unrequited Love.   Vikki North AKA the Pub Wench is the brains and the brawn behind The Artists Challenge, Dante’s Pub (our very own private forum for artists and writers), and The Inferno.   She has an online art gallery, called The Red Chair Gallery where you will find some beautiful artwork, and creative stories.  Vikki excels in creating a work of fiction to match the painting she displays.  I think she has as many people visit her blog for the stories as for the paintings.

6 comments:

williammaltese on September 25, 2009 at 2:36 PM said...

Ahh, Vikki. Nothing like a tale of a pirate, his wench, and an interloper (not to mention Cupid) to get the old juices flowing. And the accompanying (inspirational) artwork is a real stunner, also!

Vikki North on September 25, 2009 at 3:17 PM said...

Thank William. Eric -the Moon Doggy Man- surprized me publishing this. I didn't even know until I got your comment from Inferno.
I wrote this for the opening of The Challenge and Dante's Pub last February. To funny.

Vikki North on September 25, 2009 at 3:22 PM said...

BTW- thank you Eric. You are very special to me and to our joint effort and adventure.

tashabud on September 27, 2009 at 6:53 AM said...

I loved this when I first read it on your blog, and I still enjoyed reading it again.

So sad for William Frederic Carlton, IV"s unrequited love and then for him to end up buried at the bottom of the sea. So, so sad, indeed. {Sniffles)

Tasha

Eric S. on September 27, 2009 at 11:27 AM said...

Isn't this a fun Story. I surprised Vikki with it, and I'm not sure but I think she's happy about it. LOL.

you20091001 on November 16, 2009 at 10:18 AM said...

私家偵探,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,抓猴,出軌,背叛,婚姻,劈腿,感情,第三者,婚外情,一夜情,小老婆,外遇,商標,市場調查,公平交易法,抓姦,債務,債務協商,應收帳款,詐欺,離婚,監護權,法律諮詢,新竹喜宴,禮坊喜餅,喜羊羊,壽喜燒,皇樓喜餅,喜帖,喜樂,喜療妥,客影城,一個人,喜達,產品,滿客,喜歡,麥阿喜,喜來登,山喜屋,生日驚喜,旅行社,喜瑞飯店,大樂透,氣球,大樂透,樂透,氣球,好樂迪,家樂福,樂天,音樂下載,遊樂區,八仙樂園,樂透,音樂,可樂旅遊,月眉,樂天市場,樂透研究院,無名,音樂下載,達美樂,布魯樂谷,好康,好樂迪,永慶

All images and verse on this blog are Copyright 2010. Unauthorized use or duplication -in any form-is absolutely restricted by Law.

The Inferno is a blog for Mature Audience. Some images or stories may not be suitable for children or those sensitive to adult subject matter. VIEWERS VISIT THE INFERNO AT THEIR OWN DESCRETION.
 

The Inferno A Writers Challenge. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com